05 January 2012
Last Updated on 10 January 2012
Published on 05 January 2012
Montserrat Volcano Observatory is pleased to announce "Montserrat Science Week,” which will take place 16-22 January 2012. Montserrat Science Week will be full of activities showcasing Montserrat’s natural realm with particular focus on Soufriere Hills Volcano, reefs, the endangered Mountain Chicken, the Montserrat Oriole, and sea turtles.
- Special interviews, airing at 8:30 am on ZJB Radio Montserrat, M-F 16-20 January
- MVO Open Day- Special demonstrations, open to the general public from 3-5 pm on Thursday 19 January
- Evening Presentations for the general public
a. “Sea Turtles- Past, Present, and Future”- M 16 January 6:30 pm at Salem School
b. “Montserrat Mountain Chickens: A Virtual Tour of the Bush at Night”- T 17 January 6:30 pm at Brades Arts and Education Centre
c. “An Evening Under the Sea: Montserrat’s Natural and Artificial Reef”- F 20 January 6:30 pm at Salem School
- Children’s Scavenger Hunt (winners receive a helicopter ride!!!) Click here for more details.
- Children’s Fun Day, Saturday 21 January 1-4 pm at the Cultural Centre Yard
- Special exhibit at Montserrat Public Library, all week
- Guided Forest Hike- Flora and Fauna of Montserrat Saturday 21 January 7 am, Hilltop trailhead
- Geology Boat trip- Spaces are limited, call 491-7807 or 496-7807 for more details and reservations. This event is weather-dependent and may be cancelled in case of inclement weather.
- Volunteer Days for the Montserrat Reef Project Tuesday through Saturday, 17-21 January, noon to 4 at the Little Bay Port. Contact Montserrat Reef Project beforehand: either email
or call 496-7333
All events except the Geology Boat trip are free.
To see the full events calendar, click here.
- Montserrat Reef Project
- Mountain Chicken Project
- James “Scriber” Daley
- John Jeffers
- Montserrat Public Library
- National Trust
Parent Category: Events & News